Shinobu Aoyama (青山 忍 Aoyama Shinobu) is the SHSL Polyglot at the rebuilt Kibougamine Academy. He is a close friend of Shinobu Ito and Eiko Nohara, and loves to spend his time going on adventures and trying new things.
Shinobu is a somewhat short boy of average build, with brown hair and green eyes. Aside from a small birth mark on his hip that looks suspiciously like a whale, he has no other notable features. He does not ascribe to any particular style of dress, though his wardrobe is pretty casual. He prefers comfortable clothes with no bright colors, and does not like to dress strangely.
Shinobu seems to be one’s typical, average boy. He has a small, close circle of friends, and, while being able to talk to others, tends to stick with that particular group. He adores going on adventures, be them big (such as going camping in the woods without telling anyone) or small (spending the night on the school rooftop). While not superstitious, he loves listening to folktales and stories, and if a friend suggests to him that they perform a certain ritual or game to invoke a creature, he will go through with them – not because he believes in them, really, but because he thinks it will be fun.
He is only studious when it comes to languages, of which he can speak ten (Russian, Arabic, Icelandic, Chinese, Hindi, Hungarian, Spanish, French, English, and German), though he sets his sights to be able to learn at least ten more in his lifetime. He loves sharing interesting words and phrases with his friends, and often teaches them funny or inappropriate phrases (often unknowingly) as a joke.
Shinobu is incredibly optimistic and happy, perhaps to the point of being overly energetic. While most of the time, this is genuine positivity and happiness, part of this is also forced on his part. Shinobu was taught to always keep his head up and be happy, and to see the best in certain situations. In rare cases, this can lead to him refusing to feel any negative emotions at all. He hates feeling bad, and would much rather prefer to be happy, as he feels that life is too short to be spent moping. Shinobu is very quick to make friends wherever he is. While these friendships are genuine, Shinobu often jumps in very quickly because he thinks that, if he waits too long, he will have to leave again, and then the cycle will repeat itself.
Shinobu spent his earliest years of life growing up in an urban area not far from Tokyo. His father, Tatsuji, was a renowned archaeologist, and his mother, Erika, worked alongside him as a historian. The couple frequently traveled all over the world because of their work, but had decided to take a break for a few years to have a child. So, they returned back home and settled down, and on December second of that year, their son Shinobu was born.
<<add more here when i'm not lazy>>
Shinobu's "Destiny Duo" friend. The two Shinobus met by chance at Kibougamine, only to discover that they had a ridiculous amount of similarities between the two of them, from their favorite color, to their family members' names, to phone numbers, and everything in between. Since then, the two have gone on an innumerable number of adventures both big and small. Shinobu-kun considers Shinobu-chan to be his best friend, and believes that they were destined to meet. Although he would never say it out loud, he has a conspiracy theory that they (and, by extension, their families), are alternate universe versions of each other that have, somehow, managed to cross into the same dimension and meet.
death corpse friend. weird but he's chill with it.
he is his daaaaad. he's his dad. boogie-woogie-woogie.
- 1 - 3 Low - Average
- 4 - 6 Above Average - High
- 7 - 10 Extremely High - Perfect
- "Off to the craziest, weirdest place we can think of!"
- "Je vais te mettre une raclée!"
- "I'm used to being a drifter! So I don't really care. It's fun, seeing where life takes you!"
- "But I'm so used to moving around so much that I don't really care. It's no all that bad when you look at everything like an adventure, though."
- "Plus, there's more important things to do than be sad."
- "It's... lonely, I guess. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love traveling, but... it's just hard, I guess. Having friends for a little bit, and then you just... don't talk anymore. And I love all the friends I'm making here, I'm just... worried, I guess. That I'll have to start all over again."
- "I... don't know if you know this, but we don't know where Dad is. And I worry about him every day."
- The kanji in Shinobu's given name (忍) means "endurance".
- The kanji in Shinobu's surname (青山) mean "lush", "mountain".
- The Aoyamas have a pet cat named Minuit. Shinobu got him for his thirteenth birthday, and was the one to name him.
- Shinobu knows how to play basketball, and used to play on a team for one of his old schools when he lived abroad.
- He knows how to cook a small variety of foreign dishes. Granted, these are often simple dishes, but he thinks of them as a fun way to remember all the places he has lived and visited, and gets very excited whenever someone asks him to make something for them.
- Shinobu enjoys scrapbooking, and has several full scrapbooks on his shelves filled with mementos and photos of places he has been.